Friday, November 9, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

Remember here when I shared a few weeks ago about us putting together some boxes for Operation Christmas Child? Well, I promised to share more about this so I wanted to do just that real quick.


If you think you would be interested in doing this too, I think you still have time. I know the preschool W goes to has a poster up that says they are collecting boxes until November 27th or something. Just Google this and you should be able to find out more information.


If you check out my post from last year when we did this, you will see that we put together six shoeboxes. We have set a goal to try and fill more each year.

Goofy girl!
This year we have put together four so far. I felt rushed to get them turned in because they were due for AWANA. And, as you will see from my pictures, those were rushed too. MH was ready to head out the door and get the girls to church, but I wanted a couple pictures and had forgotten to take them. So, don't mind the quick and messiness of them.



We hope this helps make a difference in another person's life. We have so much and know there are others out there who have so little. My girls were so good about finding things to put in their boxes. They get so excited to do this, and if we could, they would put together 500 boxes! Maybe some year!


We chose to put the stuff into plastic totes this year for a couple of reasons. One reason was because we didn't have any shoe boxes sitting around the house. The main reason, however, was because whoever is receiving this gift can then use that tote for something, whether it be to store some of their things or to use it as a bowl or whatever they choose. The totes were less than a $1.00 each at Walmart, so it's really nothing at all.


We have more set aside to put in some other shoe boxes. I just need to stop and pick up some more totes. We will then try to leave them at W's school before their deadline.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! Great job girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to start doing this with Kyla next year when she's a little older and really understands. It's so important to teach our kids about giving. I love that your girls get so excited to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! We usually take a wish list off an angel tree each year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job!!! Next year i'm going to have to remember the plastic tote idea. That's actually a really good idea! Emma hasn't filled her box yet, but i'll definately post pics when she does =)

    ReplyDelete